Alpha ProTM – Materials you can trust.
Alpha Pro Fluidizer is a dry powder polycarboxylate superplasticizer that uses the latest, state-of-the-art technology to give you the most powerful water reduction. Its purpose is to make highly fluid concrete in even the most difficult concrete countertop mixes.
Alpha Pro Fluidizer is the 20-lb sledgehammer that you need when you’ve been struggling with a 16-ounce hammer. It works.
You may not realize that there are differences among superplasticizers, even those of the same polycarboxylate chemistry. For example, powdered superplasticizers are more potent than liquids of the same chemistry. You don’t have to use as much to get far more effect. Liquids also add water to your mix, and you are paying to ship water.
Like other superplasticizers, this one does have other benefits such as improved color dispersion, faster mixing due to faster wetting out of cement and pigment, slightly increased compressive and flexural strength, etc. But none of those are reasons to use a powerful superplasticizer.
Superplasticizers have one job: to make the concrete more fluid without adding more water. Alpha Pro Fluidizer is the best superplasticizer on the market for this job.
- Self-consolidating concrete
- Direct casting and detailed molds
- Difficult mixes
- Ultra-low w/c ratios (sub-0.25)
- Effective in both Portland cement and CSA cement-based concrete
- Compatible with most commonly used admixtures
- Dose as a percentage of total cementitious weight (cement + pozzolan)
- Suggested starting dose for direct casting GFRC: 0.375%
- You can start with tiny doses to gain workability without making the concrete fluid
- Maximum dose: 1.5%
- Overdosing will lead to segregation, so make test batches prior to production to ensure optimum dosage for your concrete mix design
- Have a viscosity modifier (VMA) on hand in case of segregation
How to Mix:
- Alpha Pro Fluidizer can be added at any time during mixing, but it is most effective when added early in the mixing process before the cement is added
- For blended mixes, add the Alpha Pro Fluidizer up front dissolved in your mix water or dry blended with your sand
- When added early in the mixing process, less superplasticizer is needed to achieve the same degree of fluidization
Alpha Pro Fluidizer is a fine, off-white powder. Some black specs may be evident. This is completely normal and does not affect the appearance of the concrete. A tiny amount of Fluidizer is used for even the most dramatic effects in your concrete countertop mix.