FREE SHIPPING in the U.S. Must place a separate order with only free shipping items in it. Enter coupon code freediamond in the cart, then a Free Shipping option will be available to select as your shipping method.
These 5″ diamond pads for wet grinding have all the features you need for concrete countertops:
- High concentration of diamonds for faster cutting
- Narrow gradation of diamonds for a swirl-free surface
- Thick enough for long life
- Thin enough to be flexible
- Ideal channel design to eject slurry and prevent clogging
- Ideal resin binder for long life without glazing
CCI’s diamond resin polishing pads and diamond hand pads were designed specifically for the concrete countertop industry. These are not pads borrowed from the granite industry that work well on stone but not so well on concrete, nor are they bargain-basement lookalike disks offered because they provide a generous profit margin to the seller. They’re designed and tested by CCI, the most knowledgeable and experienced force in the concrete countertop industry.
These are the best discs on the market. Period.
They give you everything you’ve been looking for in a premium polishing disk: versatility, fast cutting, quality finish and long life.
- Unlike thick, rigid pads, they don’t curl and wear unevenly. The thin pad is flexible, so you can hone flat surfaces and curved sinks with ease.
- Numerous, wide grooves channel slurry out from under the disc, reducing clogging, premature pad wear and scratches from the cuttings.
- Tightly graded, premium industrial diamonds cut fast but leave a smooth, scratch free surface.
Watch this video to understand how the design of the CCI diamond pads makes them the best diamond pads for concrete countertops:
How to Use Diamond Pads for Concrete Countertops
These pads are for wet use only. We do not recommend dry grinding, and in fact it cannot be used if you are going to apply a coating sealer. Read this article to understand why.
- Use the 50 grit pad after a turbo cup for exposed aggregate.
- Use the 100 grit pad after the 50 grit pad. It is generally not a grit you would start processing with.
- The 200 grit can follow the 100 grit pad, or it is often used as a starting point if only light honing is performed. (If you are applying a topical coating sealer such as Ovation or Omega Concrete Countertop Sealer, do not progress past this grit. Doing so may make the surface too smooth for the sealer to adhere. It is also unnecessary because the sealer will provide the finished surface texture.)
- The 400 grit pad is optional. Ovation and Omega Concrete Countertop Sealer will adhere to 400 grit surfaces, but 200 grit is preferred. If you plan to polish to a high sheen and are not using a coating sealer, apply a densifier and then continue with the 400 grit pad.
Why do we offer only 50 – 400 grit pads, and not the 800, 1500 and 3000 grits?
If you were polishing to a high sheen, after going from 50 to 400 or 200 to 400, you would then proceed through 800, 1500 and 3000 grit pads.
However, we do not recommend polishing concrete countertops to a high sheen. It is a lot of work, and it makes the use of a high performance coating sealer impossible.
The sealer determines the sheen, so if you want a glossy finish, simply use a high performance coating sealer that offers a glossy finish.
This is why we no longer offer the 800, 1500 and 3000 grit pads. High quality diamond pads last a long time, and it makes more sense to invest only in the grits you really need.
Why do we offer only one diamond pad choice, when everyone else offers so many?
When you polish with a diamond pad, it has only one job to do, and that’s to grind/hone/polish the concrete as quickly as possible and leave the best finish. That’s exactly what these pads do. You don’t need several different types of diamond pads, you need only the best.
How do other diamond pads compare?
Here are examples of other diamond pads that exhibit uneven wear, warping and cracking. Some have binders or channel designs that don’t work well for concrete versus stone, and some are too thick or too flexible.