DIY Kit (Makes 60-80 sq ft)
For about $1 per square foot, these are the essential specialty ingredients that are absolutely necessary for high-quality concrete countertops and cannot be obtained from a local home center or contractor supply store.
This set includes the following items:
- Pozzolan (VCAS), one 50-lb bag
- Superplasticzer, one 1-quart jug
- Viscosity Modifier, one 500-gram bag
- The self-study video course is also optional, but highly recommended, for a complete explanation of these ingredients, the mix design, and 7.5 hours of live action videos of every step from templating to installation!
The first 3 ingredients will make the following quantities of concrete using the mix formula in the Level 1 Getting Started self-study video course:
- 80 sq ft at 1.5″ thick (about 8.0 sq m at 40 mm thick)
- 60 sq ft at 2″ thick (about 6.4 sq m at 50 mm thick)
That is typically enough for a small kitchen countertop plus a bathroom countertop. Kitchen countertops tend to be about 40 sq ft if they don’t have an island and 80 sq ft if they do, and bathroom countertops tend to be either 6 or 12 sq ft.