Welcome to the most thorough and detailed instructions of any sealer on the planet. On this page we provide you with everything you need to be successful with the instructions for Omega Concrete Countertop Sealer.
Omega is a professional grade sealer that requires some study and practice. It is essential to watch and read the full documentation before applying the sealer. Give yourself some time to understand the process and to practice on a sample before attempting to seal your first project.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Read the FAQs – MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF INFORMATION ABOUT EVERY QUESTION EVER ASKED ABOUT OMEGA!!! READ THIS!!! The FAQs give answers to questions about all sorts of topics such as what to do if you get dust in your sealer, find any chunks in it, or spill water on it, as well as information about performance against stains, acids, scratches, heat, cold, UV and water.
All of the information:
- Important Notes
- Training Videos
- Written Instructions
- Coverage Rates
- Documentation for Your Clients: Care and Maintenance Guide, Scratch Repair Instructions
- Data Sheets
YOU MUST TEST OMEGA ON A TRIAL SAMPLE BEFORE
- ***Be sure to use an induction time of a full 5 minutes.*** See the written instructions for more information.
- Threads, lids and tools must be cleaned thoroughly after each use. They are effectively cleaned with water and acetone. Uncured Omega, as well as the liquid Part A and Part B, can be cleaned up by first rinsing with fresh water, and then with a scrub or rinse with acetone. An acetone and water mixture (at least 20% acetone) works too. Acetone will not affect cured Omega, so do not let Omega cure on your tools.
- Do NOT over-backroll. The surface needs to stay wet. Do NOT continue to backroll once the surface starts to dry out. Pay attention to the amount of backrolling done in the videos.
- Strain sealer before applying
- Do not dry grind to prepare the surface. Wet grinding only. You can fix it if you already dry ground. See this article.
IMPORTANT: Please read the Written Instructions as well. They contain important information that is not included in these videos.
- Surface Prep
- Primer measuring and mixing, induction time
- Primer Application
- Finish measuring and mixing
- Finish Application
- Tips – Blotting a saturated roller, mixing sealer strategy, using Ovation and Omega together, etc.
Don’t stop with just this video! Watch the rest too, and read the Written Instructions.
THIS IS CRITICAL! Please review the important information and videos on this page.
Note that in hot weather, finish coats can be diluted 1:1.25 instead of 1:1, to make back rolling easier. Please see the written instructions for details.
Allow the mixed Part A and Part B to rest for 5 minutes prior dilution, not 2 minutes. This is called “induction time”. It is critical that you allow a full 5 minutes, because we have found that shorter induction times result in a higher likelihood of water penetrating the cured sealer.
6. Finish Application
8. Tips – Blotting a saturated roller, mixing sealer strategy, using Ovation and Omega together, etc.
- Click here to download the written instructions.
- IT IS CRITICAL TO READ THE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS AS WELL AS WATCHING THE VIDEOS. PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON THE VIDEOS ALONE.
When measuring by volume:
Setting expectations with your clients is critical for any sealer. This starts before the sale and extends to after the sale. By handing out the following documentation to your customers upon installation, you will address any questions they have about how to care for their concrete, prevent problems, and reduce calls to you for simple maintenance that your clients can perform themselves.
The manufacturer solely and expressly warrants that its products shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship. THE MANUFACTURER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ORDINARY OR PARTICULAR USE OF ITS PRODUCTS. Product descriptions, illustrations, or demonstrations, if any, are for illustration purposes only and do not constitute a warranty or warranty alteration. Listed physical properties are typical and should not be construed as specifications. NO WARRANTY IS MADE, EXPRESSED, OR IMPLIED, REGARDING SUCH OTHER INFORMATION, THE DATA ON WHICH IT IS BASED, OR THE RESULTS YOU WILL OBTAIN FROM ITS USE. NO WARRANTY IS MADE THAT THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR OUR PRODUCT WILL NOT INFRINGE UPON ANY PATENT. Upon purchase, handling, storage, and application of products are beyond control of the manufacturer. The manufacturer specifically does not warranty performance results. The purchaser should conduct a test prior to application and shall be solely responsible for determining the suitability of products for the purchaser’s intended purposes. The manufacturer shall bear no liability, other than the replacement of the defective product. The purchaser shall have no claim for incidental or consequential damages. Acceptance of delivery of our product means that you have accepted the terms of this warranty whether or not purchase orders or other documents state terms that vary from this warranty. No representative is authorized to make any representation or warranty or assume any other liability on our behalf with any sales of our products. This product contains chemicals that may CAUSE SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY. BEFORE USING, READ THE MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET AND FOLLOW THE PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT BODILY HARM.